Austin Estate Planning Lawyers
Will Preparation & Comprehensive Future Planning Assistance
UPDATE: Estate Planning Attorney Austin (512) 910-8977 – One of the most important gifts you can offer your loved ones is a clear plan for the future. Contact us now to speak to an attorney.
While it is impossible to plan many aspects of life, it is possible to make your wishes known regarding disbursement of your finances and your healthcare.
At the Hailey-Petty Law Firm, PLLC in Austin and San Antonio, we provide the comprehensive and personalized guidance you need to plan for the future and protect the financial and emotional well being of your loved ones. Our unique background in economics and fund administration give us the real world knowledge needed to help you address even the most complex estate planning issues.
We provide assistance to Austin and San Antonio area clients dealing with a wide range of estate planning issues, including:
- Wills: The creation of a will is one of the most common estate planning strategies. Creating a will provides clear direction over the distribution of your estate upon your passing, and may help to avoid legal and emotional challenges for your loved ones. To create the most effective will, the guidance of an attorney is highly recommended.
- Financial power of attorney: The process of designating a Financial Power of Attorney transfers decision-making powers to the desired individual or individuals upon a loss of physical or mental faculties. Designating a Financial Power of Attorney before one is needed may ensure the protection of your finances and best interests.
- Medical power of attorney: Much like the Financial Power of Attorney, designating a Medical Power of Attorney shifts decision-making powers to your desired individual or individuals. This process gives your designated representatives the ability to make decisions relating to your medical care should you become physically or mentally unable to make your own choices.
- Living Wills: Also known as a directive to physicians and surrogates, a living well spells out the amount and type of medical care you wish to receive should you become incapacitated and unable to make your own decisions.
- Designations for Guardians: Parents of minors or special needs children may gain peace of mind by designating a guardian who will care for their children in the event of a tragedy. Adults may also designate a guardian to care for them in the event of incapacitation or loss of mental capacity. Creating a legal document that spells out your preferred guardians may help to avoid difficult decisions for your loved ones, and may help your children maintain some piece of normalcy after your passing.
- Trust planning: Creating a trust that distributes assets to your designated beneficiaries is a viable estate planning strategy that protects your property and funds while providing support for your loved ones. The creation of a trust is a complex process that should be handled by a knowledgeable lawyer.
Austin Estate Planning Lawyer Near Me
Directions to the Austin Estate Planning Lawyer Office
Austin, Texas Estate Planning Attorney
Estate Planning Attorney Reviews
⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑| Bob R.
My wife and I engaged the Hailey-Perry Law firm to create an estate trust and will for us. Wasn’t looking forward to it. I anticipated that it wasn’t going to be a pleasant experience “getting our affairs in order”. I was happily surprised. Pam is a delightful person and she guided us through the process with great skill and patience. It did turn out to be quite a pleasant experience after all and we felt that Pam asked all the right questions and provided expert guidance so that we ultimately arrived at the best estate plan for our needs. We highly recommend the Hailey-Petty Law Firm.
⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑ | Edward H.
I was very impressed how during the Pandemic I never had to leave my house, and instead communicated by phone, email and text until the final signing which was done with all precautions in place. As a retired investor crafting a portfolio, having a daughter in Hawaii and son in San Antonio, I was unsure of what type of estate planning I needed, but with their advise and directions I came out very pleased with the final product they crafted.
⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑ | Theresa S.
Thank you all for your patience and attention to detail when creating a will for both my husband and myself. We had no idea what all went in to creating a sound and complete will for a blended family. You were very thorough and happy to answer all our questions!
Discuss your estate planning needs during a free 30-minute consultation with our Austin or San Antonio attorney
Planning for the future is both a vital endeavor and a rewarding one. By making key decisions today, you take a great deal of pressure off your loved ones down the road. At the Hailey-Petty Law Firm, PLLC in Austin and San Antonio, we provide the comprehensive guidance you need to make the most effective plans for the future.
To schedule a free 30-minute consultation to discuss your estate planning concerns with Attorney Pamela Hailey-Petty or Jessica Ramirez, call (512) 910-8977 to reach our Austin office, (210) 570-2458 to reach our San Antonio office, or contact our firm online today.
*Note: additional fees may apply for consultations longer than the allotted 30 minutes.
Austin Estate Planning Lawyers FAQ
How much does an estate planning lawyer in Austin cost?
Estate planning encompasses many different things. Typically it means drafting a Last Will & Testament, sometimes one for each spouse. It can also mean developing a series of Trusts to protect various assets in the event of death. Estate Planning may also include Powers of Attorney and Guardianship issues. Therefore, it can be quite difficult to give any kind of a price quote without first consulting an Austin, Tx Estate Planning Lawyer. This consultation will help you determine exactly what the best estate planning scenario is for you, and then your attorney can develop a more accurate price quote. To speak to an estate planning lawyer near you give your office a call and we can schedule an in-person, or over the phone consultation.
Estate Planning vs Probate, What is the difference?
The easiest way to explain the difference is that Estate Planning typically takes place before you pass away. It is planning for how things will occur in the event of your death. Whereas Probate is more about administering your Estate Plan in the legal system after you have passed away. An Estate Planning attorney can help your family develop a plan for what happens in the event of your death, and a Probate lawyer can help administer that plan through the court system after your death. Typically a lawyer who focuses on Estate Planning will also Focus on Probate law. Our law firm can help you with both Probate and Estate Planning.
How do I find an Estate Planning attorney near me?
The Hailey-Petty Law Firm focuses on Estate Planning law. Give our office a call for a free 30-minute consultation and we can help you determine the best estate planning law path forward. In certain situations your accountant or financial advisor may recommend an estate planning law firm.