Comprehensive Future Planning Assistance from an Austin Estate Planning Lawyer
One of the most important gifts you can offer your loved ones is a clear plan for the future. While it is impossible to plan many aspects of life, it is possible to make your wishes known regarding disbursement of your finances and your healthcare.
At the Hailey-Petty Law Firm, PLLC in Austin and San Antonio, we provide the comprehensive and personalized guidance you need to plan for the future and protect the financial and emotional well being of your loved ones. Our unique background in economics and fund administration give us the real world knowledge needed to help you address even the most complex estate planning issues.
We provide assistance to Austin and San Antonio area clients dealing with a wide range of estate planning issues, including:
- Wills: The creation of a will is one of the most common estate planning strategies. Creating a will provides clear direction over the distribution of your estate upon your passing, and may help to avoid legal and emotional challenges for your loved ones. To create the most effective will, the guidance of an attorney is highly recommended.
- Financial power of attorney: The process of designating a Financial Power of Attorney transfers decision-making powers to the desired individual or individuals upon a loss of physical or mental faculties. Designating a Financial Power of Attorney before one is needed may ensure the protection of your finances and best interests.
- Medical power of attorney: Much like the Financial Power of Attorney, designating a Medical Power of Attorney shifts decision-making powers to your desired individual or individuals. This process gives your designated representatives the ability to make decisions relating to your medical care should you become physically or mentally unable to make your own choices.
- Living Wills: Also known as a directive to physicians and surrogates, a living well spells out the amount and type of medical care you wish to receive should you become incapacitated and unable to make your own decisions.
- Designations for Guardians: Parents of minors or special needs children may gain peace of mind by designating a guardian who will care for their children in the event of a tragedy. Adults may also designate a guardian to care for them in the event of incapacitation or loss of mental capacity. Creating a legal document that spells out your preferred guardians may help to avoid difficult decisions for your loved ones, and may help your children maintain some piece of normalcy after your passing.
- Trust planning: Creating a trust that distributes assets to your designated beneficiaries is a viable estate planning strategy that protects your property and funds while providing support for your loved ones. The creation of a trust is a complex process that should be handled by a knowledgeable lawyer.
Discuss your estate planning needs during a free consultation with our Austin or San Antonio attorney
Planning for the future is both a vital endeavor and a rewarding one. By making key decisions today, you take a great deal of pressure off your loved ones down the road. At the Hailey-Petty Law Firm, PLLC in Austin and San Antonio, we provide the comprehensive guidance you need to make the most effective plans for the future.
To schedule a free consultation to discuss your estate planning concerns with Attorney Pamela Hailey-Petty or Jessica Ramirez, call (512) 910-8977 to reach our Austin office, (210) 570-2458 to reach our San Antonio office, or contact our firm online today.